Wind blowing in your face, acceleration that you can feel, handling that’s surreal. These are just some of the unique sensation that one feels while riding a motorcycle. Every year, more and more motorcycles are being registered because of more and more people are getting into this hobby. However, the number of motor vehicle accidents, some fatal, do involve motorcycle riders. This is the reason why motorcycle makers are coming up with new models with technologies that are aimed to make this dangerous hobby safer.
While loving the many perks that motorcycle riding offers, a rider like you would still want to stay safe from accidents. And so, here is a list of the safest motorcycles in the planets. A list of bikes that are equipped with the state-of-the-art safety features that will help lessen your chances of ending up in a motorcycle accident.
- KTM 1190 Adventure. As its manufacturer claims, this is the first motorcycle ever in the world thanks to its myriad of safety features like:
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) - responsible for controlling the riding dynamic control so one can better control their bikes while riding.
- Combined ABS (C-ABS) - ensures that a motorcycle rider has better control when braking, helping him maneuver his bike better in emergency braking situations.
- Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) - helps prevent accidents by preventing any of the wheels to locking up or slipping which may cause one to crash.
- 2015 Chak Molot. Although this bike really started out as a 2013 Honda CBR1000RR ABS bike, the tons of upgrades that it received makes it one of the safest motorbikes around if it actually goes on production. Safety Features include the following:
- Use of carbon fiber body parts - makes it lighter, nimbler and easy to control.
- Use of LED lighting - helps make you see what’s on the road and keeps you highly visible at night, with less energy consumption.
- Use of an on-board, front-facing HD camera - records everything and stores it on a HDD. This could be used as a valuable piece of evidence in the event of a crash.
- Predictive Emergency Braking System (PEBS) - This system has access to the bike’s throttle and brakes. The system uses HD cameras, proximity sensors, gyroscopes, and two radars that seamlessly work together to detect objects or hazards on the road. First, the PEBS warns the driver and after failing to respond to these dangers, the system controls the bike and operates on the brakes to bring the bike in a complete stop.
- Anti-lock Brakes (ABS) - which provides maximum braking power without the tires slipping, ensuring maximum control at all times.
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) - alarms the rider if he has changed lanes unknowingly, helping prevent accidents from happening.
- Use of a gyroscope - helps detect abnormal rider behavior of the bike and cuts the throttle.
These two bikes are the current leaders in their segments when it comes offering crash avoidance systems on motorcycles. Should all of these systems work together and work well, such could help prevent accident from happening, helping save lives of many motorcycle riders who use these. However, as a Los Angeles motorcycle attorney would like to remind us, the best and most effective safety feature on motorcycles are its riders. With a disciplined, safe rider, accidents could be better avoided and there would be lesser chances of mishaps, putting down the numbers of people get hurt, injured, or dead.
If you are looking for a Law firm near you, please visit this website: http://www.findbestlawfirms.com/